Sunday, May 24, 2009

All Good Things Must End, But Leave A Lasting Impression!

Sadly this "once-in-a-lifetime" experience has ended. Im sitting in Chicago's O'Hare Airport waiting for my short flight to Detroit. The flight from Japan was long of course, and it was strange because we actually outran the sun, and it's morning again. But I'm so excited to see my family of course, and I've had some time to recollect on this amazing journey. I couldn't have picked better group members to travel with. There wasn't a single person that I couldn't sit down with and carry on a pleasant conversation. I got to become good friends with my classmates, better understand my professors, and meet many great international students and teachers along the way. We feel that every student's personality brought something to the table to make the trip that much more exciting and fun! I learned SO much about international commerce and the rapid speed of globalization. As well as a crash course in the differences between our cultures. Every place of business I went to in Taiwan and Japan treated me like they were honored for me to be in their store. But the first two English speaking voices I heard when returning to the states were a customs agent screaming at me to advance in line, and a girl at a sub shop that didn't even look me in the eye or thank me for anything. The manners and values in America seemed to be "optional". None the less, I love my country and I'm glad to be back. I feel this trip has forever changed who I am as a person, and as a student. I hope that I can one day bring my family to Taiwan or Japan to show them these beautiful cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment