Monday, May 18, 2009

Japan the GREAT!

The trip to Japan was strenuous and felt like it lasted forever, but the patience has been paying-off. JCMU is a beautiful campus, and I feel like the location does nothing but torture the students that take classes here because they are right on the lake shore. The fact that we can only travel by bicycle helps magnify the true beauty of the Shiga Prefecture. I say this because traveling by car, airplane, or train includes traveling too fast to take in the beauty; and walking can be such work that it is easy to get tired. It was impressive to see so many Michigan Universities represented at the JCMU anniversary. All representatives looked very professional and were friendly as well. I must say, the food here is much better than that of Taiwan. Every meal that I’ve had so far has been excellent, and makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I bought an extra large platter of sushi and rice, and then I just devoured it because it was so tasty. Something else that I noticed is that most products in Taiwan either had some English or a descriptive picture on the packaging. But in Japan, there is no English what so ever and there aren’t many with pictures as well. I really wish that the weather in Michigan would be what we have in Japan everyday. It is the first time that I’ve ever been anywhere that two days in a row, I can’t possibly hope for any change in the weather no matter how minuet. I’m very excited to learn more about the business practices and methods of the Japanese people. The main reason I attended this program is to use some methods and practices for my own business in the United States. It’s possible that I will learn something that hasn’t been seen before by some people in the states, thus making a niche in a market.

No comments:

Post a Comment