Saturday, May 23, 2009

My favorite experience

Today the group had our last lunch in Japan together. It was at a nice restaurant that included a complete meal of beef and noodles, along with some soup and tea. But anyway, Dr. Peng asked us when we sat down if we all could spend some time while we eat to think of their "defining moment" or favorite moment of this adventure. I spent some time to narrow my list because there were so many good ones. At the end of the meal, it came to be my turn to share to the group. I said my favorite experience was when Fatima, Brian, Levi and myself were feeling gutsy and basically climbed a mountain that had steps paved into the side of it, which led to a breath-taking view and temple (nice work if one of the forementioned is reading this). But I really wish that I would've talked about how amazing it was to meet the indeginous college students of Taiwan and Japan. They were definetly the best part. They all were so friendly and hospitable, not to mention happy that we were there. It was great to exchange ideas both academically and socially with someone my own age, that was raised half way around the world. As many differences as our cultures have, there are really so many things that we have in common, like a passion for movies, music, travel, and learning. It was extremely interesting and enlighting to have been afforded this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment