Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beautiful Scenery


Today was the second day of our Eastern Taiwan excursion. It has been mind blowing so far, and the landscape is breathtaking. Being born and raised in Michigan, I rarely get a chance to visit any mountainous areas. And the mountains that are here dwarf anything that I’ve seen before. Taroka Park has been the most immaculate landscape that I’ve seen, and I doubt that I will ever see any landforms that can compare. The way that the limestone and marble reflected the sunshine that cut through the park was very picturesque. And so far, I’ve been very pleased with the guided tour that Mike has given us. He is extremely knowledgeable about the history and culture of the Taiwanese people, not to mention very friendly. We also had a great time white water rafting. The rapids weren’t quite what I expected them to be, but none the less- it was still great. I don’t think that I’ve laughed so much in one day in my whole life. It was also fun to go scavenger hunting for Dr. Peng’s camera in the river when he dropped it in the water. The teamwork of rafting was interesting. I really learned a lot about my classmates, and how each of them handle pressure situations that include both following and giving directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment